- Integrated File Browser with support for
- Creation, deletion, copy, cut (move), paste or zipping of multiple files or directories at once
- Renaming of files or directories
- Bookmarking of files and folders
- Searching files hierarchically
- Emailing of one or more files with Apple MobileMail
- Editing of text files, HTML files and property list files
- Editing of file attributes (name, owner, group, permission, modification date)
- File passing to other AppStore apps
- Opening of files of various file types from other apps in iFile
- Up to 8 file browser tabs
- Full integration of Dropbox with support for copy, cut, paste, directory creation, file renaming and local caching
- Full integration of an FTP client with support for copy, cut, paste, directory creation, file renaming and local caching
- Integrated Web Server with download and upload capability for files to current directory of File Browser
- WebDAV support of Web Server to use iFile as network drive
- File transfer via Bluetooth to iFile on other device
- File transfer via Celeste and AirBlue Sharing to another device
- Import of songs, videos and books into iPod library via Gremlin library (requires purchase
- Installation of Debian packages (deb)
- Mounting of unencrypted DMG disk image files (HFS file system).
- Extraction of various compressed file types including password protected zip and rar files.
- File Viewers with support for following file types
- Sound File Types: aac, aiff, aif, aifc, amr, alac, caf, m4a, m4r, mp2, mp3, mpga, pcm, snd, wav
- Text File Types: c, cfg, cnf, conf, cpp, css, h, j, java, js, list, log, m, mm, nib, php, plist, script, sh, strings, txt, xib
- Movie File Types: mov, mp4, mpv, m4v, 3gp, 3g2, 3gpp2
- Image File Types: gif, jpeg, jpg, png, tiff, tif, bmp, crw, cr2, erf, raf, 3fr, kdc, mef, mrw, nrw, nef, orf, rw2, pef, arw, sr2, svg
- Document File Types: rtf, html, htm, pdf
- Microsoft File Types: doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pps, pptx
- Apple iWork File Types: pages, numbers, key
- Other File Types: zip, 7z, deb, rar, tar, tar.gz, tar.bz2, tar.Z, tgz, tbz2, gz, bz2, Z, xml
- File Types via External Viewers:
- SQLite3: sqlite3, sqlitedb, db (available here or in Cydia)
- Interaction with other Tweaks/Applications (Cydia):
- Safari Download Manager: Allows to open saved files directly in iFile.
- AttachmentSaver: Allows to open saved files directly in iFile.
- Music Controls: allows to interact with iFile's Audio Player e.g. on Lock Screen etc.
iPhoneOS 2.x, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x Support
iFile 1.0.x added full support for
iPhoneOS 3.0 and is still fully compatible with iPhoneOS 2.x. Starting
with iFile 1.1.0 iFile contains two executables:
- One (identical with 1.0.1-1) for iPhoneOS 2.x users and
- One for iPhoneOS 3.x users with all the new functionality starting with 1.1.0-1.
Here are the releases that support respective iOS versions:
- 1.3.1-1: iOS 4.x
- 1.6.1-3: iOS 5.x
- 1.9.0-1: iOS 6.x
- 2.0.0-1: iOS 7.x
All releases support all previous iOS versions down to iOS 2.x. This is implemented using multiple iFile executables that still support older iOS versions. As soon as such additional executable for older iOS version support gets added, no further enhancements get added to that iFile executable.
Please check out the change-log here
The registration process works the following way:
- Upgrade to 1.3.2-2 or later.
- Buy iFile in Cydia Store (if other payment methods are required please contact me via email).
- Start iFile and it will register itself. You will get a registration confirmation alert.
- In case iFile registration fails,
- you have either a firewall on your iPhone or
- you have not yet associated your iPhone/iPod Touch with your Cydia Store purchases:
- Go to iFile in Cydia
- Press the purchase link
- Login to your Google or Facebook account (whatever you used in the past)
- iFile should show now as "Package Officially Purchased".
Registered versions of iFile give the user additional functionality:
- File name search.
- External viewer support.
- Playlist playing in Audio Player.
- Display of song title instead of file name for audio files.
- Display of thumbnails instead of default icons for images.
- Text editor search functionality.
- iFile-to-iFile Bluetooth file transfer (registration only required for sender - not for receiver)
- WebDAV support of Web Server.
- FTP, Box, Dropbox, WebDAV Client.
- Editing of SQLite3 files with the SQLite3 Editor (otherwise just viewing).
- Saving of modified files in Hex Editor (otherwise all changes are lost).
Unregistered versions will behave the same way as 1.0.0-2 or 1.0.1-1, i.e. they show a registration pop-up once a day.
You should buy iFile in Cydia Store. However, if you want to support the iFile development beyond that, donations via PayPal are always welcome.
In case you are interested in iFile's download statistics you can check them out from BigBoss